Categories of Information We Collect (Information You Provide to Us; Information Collected Automatically)
Information You Provide to Us
We collect certain information you provide directly to us when using the Services, such as when you create a Services account (an “Account”), add profile information, or request customer service. The information we collect may include your username, first name, profile photo, phone number, email address, and any other optional information you choose to provide. When creating your Account using a social network, mail provider, or similar third party service, such as Twitter, you are providing us with credentials with which we may access your account or profile information on that third party service.
Information Collected Automatically
Aside from the information that you provide us, we also automatically collect certain information when you use the Services. This information includes the following:
- Device Information: We collect certain information about the devices you use with the Services, including such data as unique device identifiers, device make and model, device name, push notification identifiers, MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, carrier name, operating system, browser types, and Brilliant Move application version (collectively, “Device Information”).
- Usage Information: We collect information about how people, including those with an Account, use the Services. This type of information may be collected in the log files of our servers or in our analytics systems each time you interact with the Services. We use third party services, businesses, websites, and applications (collectively, “Third Party Services”), in addition to internal tools to, among other uses, collect and analyze this information. This data may include Device Information, Account and profile information, IP address, cookie information, and Device Information.
- Call and SMS Data : Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Delivery Providers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Links: We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services by redirecting links or through other means.
- Location Information: We may also automatically collect your physical location if you choose to enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. In order to use certain aspects of the Services, you may be required to enable GPS tracking on your device. For example, we may use the geo-location information tracked by your mobile device for various purposes, including, but not limited to, for you to be able to view the drivers in your area that are close to your location, for you to set your pick up location, so the drivers are able to find the location from which you wish to be picked up, to send you promotions and offers, and to allow you (if you choose through any features we may provide) to share this information with other people.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Information: Like many websites, Brilliant Move and Third Party Services may collect certain information through the use of “cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer which, among other uses, allow you to sign in to your Account in a browser and maintain an identified browsing session with Brilliant Move. Please refer to the “Your Choices; Opt-out” section below to learn more about disabling cookies.
- Third-party Information: If you create your Account by authentication with another service, (e.g., a social networking service), we may collect the account or profile information from that connected account. In some cases, we may partner with Third Party Services that may provide information about you that you have previously provided, which we may collect.
Use of Information
We use the information collected through the Services for the following purposes:
- To process requests or transactions you initiate by accessing or using the Services;
- To facilitate communication with the Delivery Providers;
- To enhance and improve the Services;
- To send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Brilliant Move and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- To monitor and analyze usage and trends in order to improve the Services, or to improve your experience with the services, for example by providing personalized content, features, or advertisements;
- To verify your identity, in order to protect your privacy;
- To allow you to reset your password or other Account credentials;
- To make your registration or login process quick and simple;
- To assist you with discovering, adding, and connecting with delivery service providers or those seeking delivery service providers;
- To update you about activity on your account, or news about Brilliant Move;
- To reach out to you about customer service issues and respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
- To link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs or provide you with better service;
- To detect, investigate, and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- As necessary to provide the Services to you;
- If you are a delivery service provider; to Services users who are seeking the assistance of delivery providers;
- If you are a customer seeking delivery service, we may share your information with delivery service providers;
- With Third Party Services, consultants, or others who are working with us and need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- In order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Brilliant Move, our users, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- When you give us consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Brilliant Move uses a variety of Third Party Services to help provide our Services, such as hosting our servers, websites, providing analytics, and searching log files. Although we try to work only with Third Party Services that share our respect for your privacy, we do not take responsibility for the actions, content, or privacy policies of those Third Party Services, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to Third Party Services. Some of these Third Party Services, such as analytics providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, or other online services when you use our Services.
Modifying Your Personal Information
You may use the Services we provide to update your Account information and Profile Information. We may provide tools for you to delete or modify your Account. Content you shared with other Services users prior to the deletion of your Account, such as information about the transport services you provide, in addition to your Public Profile Information associated with that content, may not be deleted after the deletion of your account, and may remain visible to the Brilliant Move users with whom you previously interacted. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Protecting and Securing Your Information Online
We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is transmitted and stored securely, in order to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, destruction, or disclosure. However, please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. You can help us protect your privacy and your personal information by doing the following:
- Never provide your passwords to anyone else.
- Don’t reuse your Brilliant Move password or passwords used for authentication with third party accounts linked to your Account.
- Use “strong” passwords, containing long strings of characters, including a combination of lowercase letters, uppercase letters, and numbers. Passwords shouldn’t be easy to guess, nor should they consist of common words or phrases. You may want to use third party password tools that maintain strong passwords for you, so you don’t have to remember many long passwords yourself.
- If your password is compromised on another third party service, you may want to update your Brilliant Move account password, just to be safe.
- Report to us any suspicious emails or other communications you receive asking for your Account password or personal information, or any suspicious communications from anyone claiming to be us.
Our Policy Towards Children
Our service is not directed at individuals under the age of 18 years old, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to us, and do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com
Brilliant Move’s Services are hosted in the United States and may only be used by end users lawfully residing in the United States. If you are accessing the Services from any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from those of the United States, be advised that through your continued use of the Services, which are governed by U.S. law, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at Brilliant Move, Inc., Attn: Privacy Team 239 W 148th St, New York NY 10039.